Private English Class with Giamo

Monday, July 11, 2022

Life In Sosua: Creep Cam Vlogging In Sosua, Dominican Republic



Recently I made a video called "Sex Tourism and Travel Videos", which was inspired by a livestream Ace Live did with the same title a few days before. In the video I displayed two very popular Sosua street vloggers that go by the name  Pudo TV and Negredo Street Views4k while I was talking about creep cam artists. 



The reason I displayed their channels in the video was because I was asking the question if a youtuber builds his or her whole platform around filming women secretly or overly using the  hidden cam style can you lose respect for that content creator. 

And obviously those two channels I displayed in the video fit the bill of an example of what I was talking about. 

For me, there is nothing legally wrong with street vlogging. I would go so far to say there is nothing even ethically wrong with street vlogging.  



The reason I feel that way is because I used to do that as well. When I was in Miami my most popular videos from that time were walking street vlogs of Spring Break. To be honest I would try and find the hottest girl or film a woman with the fattest yeeks and all that. 

So I completely understand what it means to be a walking street vlogger and creep cam artist. 

However, when it comes to street vlogging, specifically in Sosua I do feel some sort of way about that style. 

Everyone knows that there are a lot of working women or prostitutes in Sosua. This is one of the reasons that makes Sosua very popular. 

Also something that anyone can figure out very quickly is that working women do not want to be filmed on the street. There are a variety of reasons for that such as women not wanting their children to find out , their parents, their boyfriends, their neighborhood and on and on.  

Actually one time a woman thought I was a youtuber who filmed women walking on the Sosua streets and threatened to cut my nuts off. So I know for a fact women do not appreciate being filmed. 



Now, as a videographer there are two different ways to approach the situation. 

The way I choose to approach it is to try and not film women on the street as much as possible. I don't know why but I do feel for these women and I do want to respect their desire not to be filmed on the street. 

Some of that has to do with understanding and respecting the culture. Some of that has to do with the fact that I actually work with the women in my videos, communicate with them and have a real relationship with them even if it's just a working one. 



The other approach to the situation which is what I see in my comments sections is much more callous. The firm belief that anything on the public streets can be filmed, that if the woman doesn't want to be filmed she shouldn't be on the street, that the fact she doesn't want her family to find out isn't "my problem" and so on and so forth. 

At the end of the day, I don't think content creators such as Pudo TV and Negredo Street Views4k are bad people. Because if I thought that then I would be a bad person because I have done the same type of filming. 

However, I can firmly say that as it specifically relates to Sosua I do not like that type of vlogging style and I will continue to express that dislike if and when the topic comes up. 

No comments:

Post a Comment