Private English Class with Giamo

Sunday, July 10, 2022

Life In The Dominican Republic: Music Video at Santana's Barber Shop



For a long time I have heard about Santana's Barber Shop. I knew it as the place where you can get a haircut and see chicas twerk at the same time. 



To be honest with you that combination never really resonated with me. If I am going to get a haircut I prefer to do so in peace and  just be surrounded by a regular barbershop ambience.  



However, my opinions have changed slightly not so much about the customer experience, but about the people behind the scenes at Santana's Barber Shop.  

I worked as a camera operator for a New York rapper who was doing a music video in the Dominican Republic last month. 



Getting the opportunity to actually meet the real Santana was pretty awesome. He seems like a really stand up guy and even though I wasn't able to talk to him too much at the shoot he definitely showed a lot of respect, which I appreciate that. 

Also to see how he interacted with his ladies at the shop made it very clear that he has a boss mentality and not just some perv with money.  



Of course, it was nice to see the ladies as well. They were a little wild, but when it was time to shoot they became very professional and put on a good show.  




So even though I probably wouldn't request for a twerk performance I may step in to Santana's Barber Shop here in Sosua in the near future. 

No comments:

Post a Comment