Private English Class with Giamo

Monday, April 18, 2022

Why Sosua Is A Great Place For Men To Learn Spanish



Being able to speak a second language, whether that be at just a conversational level or advanced, can help open many doors to new opportunities. 

However learning a new language is a journey and like with any journey there will definitely be ups and downs. 

For me a part of the difficulties of learning a new language boils down to motivation and I know I am not the only guy who struggles with that. 

I believe Sosua is a great place for men to learn and improve their  Spanish due to three reasons: motivation, opportunity and immersion. 



Motivation and Opportunity 

Sosua has many great things to offer tourists such as incredible beaches, robust souvenir markets, scuba diving and so much more. 

Another main attraction of Sosua is the easy access to companionship amongst Dominican women from all parts of the country. 

Because of this ability to easily be around real Dominicanas, there should be a real motivation to want to improve you communication skills with the ladies. 

Since I have been in the Puerto Plata province I have had many opportunities to go on dates which has helped me learn new words and expressions and overall increases my desire to improve my Spanish even just by myself. 



Immersion 

Most people would agree that immersing yourself in a foreign culture is the fastest way to learn another language. 

I've talked to ex-pats in Sosua who have told me that they had girlfriends who they may or may not be with anymore, but that the relationship helped them improve their Spanish exponentially.  



Personally, I had a girlfriend of two years from Costa Rica who helped me solidify the Spanish that I had. Unfortunately we are not together anymore, but at least I was able to walk away from the relationship having improved my second language. 

Obviously you don't have to have a girlfriend from the foreign culture you want to immerse yourself in to improve your Spanish, but it could help. 

If you enjoy my content please feel free to support me to help create better and more interesting content: here 



No comments:

Post a Comment