Private English Class with Giamo

Monday, May 11, 2020

Life in the Dominican Republic: Interview with Yanilsa





What's your favorite beach to visit in the Dominican Republic?

My favorite beach to visit is called Playa Bonita in the city of Las Terrenas. I like it because it is not very crowded. If I stay at the beach all day I like to eat pizza for lunch. Most of the women on the beach will wear a bikini, but I like to wear a shirt and shorts.


What are some popular dishes in the Dominican Republic? 

The three most popular dishes in the Dominican Republic are Moro, Sancocho and The Flag.

Inside of moro are red or black beans and brown rice.

Dominicans usually eat Sancocho during special occasions such as a party or festival. Sancocho is served in a bowl of stew with beef, chicken and various vegetables such as yucca, plantains, yams and corn.

The Flag, called La Bandera in Spanish, is a plate served with beans, rice, salad and chicken. This is the most typical dish in Dominican Republic.



What do you like to do for fun with your friends in the Dominican Republic? 

I like to go to the river or to the beach with my friends. Now during the coronavirus situation I can't hang out with my friends.

Before the pandemic I also liked to go to the mall with my friends. There are two small malls in my city named Pola and Chito.


Is it easy to learn English in the Dominican Republic? 

Not really because in my city there is only one English program that's called English Immersion. This program is very intense. The course lasts for one year every weekday for four hours.

Sometimes to practice my English I use the app Duolingo or watch English videos on youtube with subtitles.

Also I talk to my American friend who lives in Phoenix from time to time.

Is it easy to find a boyfriend in the Dominican Republic?

Haha no it is not. It's hard to find a boyfriend where I live because the boys my age are not serious. Dating is like a hobby for them here. 


No comments:

Post a Comment