Private English Class with Giamo

Thursday, May 21, 2020

Life in Brazil: Interview with Kimberlly



What are you studying in university?

I am studying law. My university is in a city named Colatina. To finish this degree it takes 5 years.

I want to study law because I have the intention to become a lawyer who helps disadvantaged people and those who are unaware of their rights!


Do you usually eat your lunch at home or the university?

Well, my classes at university are at night, so I seldom eat anything at my university. I usually eat my lunch at home.

In Brazil a typical plate for lunch will include rice, beans, and meat, which can be beef or pork.

Personally, my favorite dish includes rice, beans , chicken,  tomato salad and puree.



What do you like to do in your free time?

I like to watch investigation series on Netflix such as The Blindspot or Serial Killers. I like watching these type of shows, because of the drama and also it helps me understand the mind of a criminal a little bit.

Also I like to hang out with my friends. Sometimes we take walks around the city or go to a restaurant to eat.


What transportation do you use to go university?

Well, usually my father takes me either with his motorcycle or the car.

I have many friends who use public transportation here. But they tell me that the public transportation system in this city is very slow and is usually overcrowded.

Do you think it is important to learn English?

Yes, because English is one of the most widely spoken languages in the world. Currently, potential employees who speak English will stand out to employers.

However, it is not easy to learn English in Colatina, because it is very small. The English courses here are very expensive and people do not use English on a daily basis.


And my final question to you is would you date a foreigner?

Yes of course I would. If I like him and  he was a good person and had the same plans for the future as I do then I don't see why I wouldn't date someone just because they are from another country.












No comments:

Post a Comment