Private English Class with Giamo

Saturday, May 30, 2020

Life in Colombia: Interview with Teresa



What's your favorite city to visit in Colombia? 

My favorite city in Colombia is Cartagena, where I was born. The city is very beautiful and has a lot of incredible history. 

Its colorful streets, delicious food, music, and culture make it a very amazing and unique city. Also near Cartagena are spectacular beaches and islands, which can be fun to visit. 

My favorite activity is to walk in the historic center and watch light from the sunset fall on the walls named "Murallas". These walls were built during the colonial period when Spain conquered most of South America. 


What are the three most popular types of music in Colombia? 

In Colombia, we have many different genres of music that are popular, but it depends on the region of the country. On the Caribbean coast people listen to music such as cumbia or mapale. 

However, in other parts of the country people like to listen to salsa, merengue and many others. 

To be honest, I love dancing to salsa music even though I am not very good. I don't go to clubs very often, but I do like dancing at home when I have a house party or when I'm feeling happy.


Why do you like modeling? 

I like modeling because it is a way for me to express myself and recreate new ways to understand the world. 

When I am modeling, I represent what the designer wants to communicate with his or her ideas through the clothes and accessories they make. 

Do you think learning English is important? 

Actually, learning English is very important. It opens up so many doors that can improve your career and even for studying abroad. 

I used to practice my English by listening to music, watching movies and talking with my friends from abroad. 


Do you like using online dating apps such as Tinder in Colombia?  

Well, I've never used something like Tinder, so I don't really know. But I think it could be a nice chance to meet some interesting people. 

I know cases of people who have actually become couples by using apps such as Tinder, so I think it could be good! 

  

No comments:

Post a Comment