Private English Class with Giamo

Monday, May 18, 2020

Giamo's Thoughts: Friendship


What is your definition of a friend?

I don't have many friends at this time in my life. I have more acquaintances. An acquaintance is someone you may talk to often because you are both in the same place such as a classmate or a co-worker.

There are different levels of friendship such as a casual friend,  a good friend and the highest level of friendship, best friend.

A best friend is someone you spend lots of time with and with whom you share special thoughts, feelings, dreams and secrets.


How would you describe the personality of one of your best friends?

The person I probably spend the most time with is my younger brother, Carlo. I would describe his personality as being very smart, curious, creative and open-minded.

Usually people either have an extroverted or introverted personality. My brother is an extrovert, because he enjoys spending time with other people.


What was one of your most favorite memories with your friend? 

This memory is not my favorite, but definitely one of the most memorable is when I received advice from my cousin Chisama in Miami.

When I arrived in Miami at the end of 2016 my life was very unstable and I had a lot of problems.

Fortunately, I spent time with my cousin, who was also living in Miami,  and she told me that having freedom is sometimes painful and that it's okay to trust in people such as your parents.


What words would people use to describe you who do not like you?

Well, in my university I know for a fact that there are people who do not like me. I know this because there are some people I do not like!

But I imagine that these people think I am stuck up or indifferent. Someone who is stuck up is a person who thinks they are superior to other people or arrogant.

Can men and women just be friends?

Of course men and women can just be friends. However these type of relationships can be complicated when you spend a lot of  time alone with one female or male friend.

Sometimes if you spend a lot of time alone with one person you may want more than a platonic friendship, but something more romantic.







No comments:

Post a Comment