Private English Class with Giamo

Friday, December 24, 2021

How Fast Is The Internet In The Dominican Republic?



Recently someone asked me about internet speed in the Dominican Republic. As an online ESL teacher internet speed is very important to me and also something that I was definitely concerned about before coming to the Dominican Republic. 

Currently I use an Altice portable wifi device that has worked admirably for me as it specifically relates to teaching English online. I have never had a problem using zoom or any other video calling platforms. 



Even though my portable wifi device hasn't let me down work wise, it can be a little bit slow when I'm trying to watch a video or when I go on airbnb. I took an internet speed test the day of writing this post and my mbps was 1.02 and upload speed was 0.97.  



This is my experience with internet here in the Dominican Republic, but if you are interested in other internet options or hearing other people's experiences please feel free to comment below and I will post more about this topic. 

If you enjoy my content please feel free to support me to help create better and more interesting content: here

No comments:

Post a Comment