Private English Class with Giamo

Friday, July 31, 2020

ESL Grammar: Phrasal Verb with Put



Phrasal Verbs with Put 

1. Put off - to do something later 
2. Put up with - to tolerate 
3. Put down - to insult or make fun of 
4. Put on - to dress oneself 
5. Put up - to erect 
6. Put across - to communicate something 
7. Put out - to publish something 
8. Put back - to put something where it was previously 


Phrasal Verb Exercise 

1. I can't ________ her anymore, she is so annoying! 

A. put up with | B. put back | C. put on 

2. Please ________ my laptop in my room when you are finished with it. 

A. put on | B. put back | C. put down 

3. Can we ________ our lesson until tomorrow? 

A. put up | B. put down | C. put off 

4. She _______ all the time I don't know why I still talk to her. 

A. puts me up | B. puts me down | C. puts me across 

5. My teacher  ______ a new article on his blog every week. It's really good. 

A. put up with | B. put off | C. put out 

6. She was trying to ________ her point of view, but the men in the room wouldn't listen. 

A. put across | B. put with | C. put back 

7. I always ________ black clothes when I go to parties. 

A. put away | B. put on | C. put up 

8. They couldn't ______ the tent. It might be broken. 

A. put up with | B. put out | C. put up 


Phrasal Verb Conversation 

1. What type of clothes do you like to put on when you go to a party? 

2. How do you feel when someone tries to put you down? 

3. Have you ever had to put up with an annoying classmate? 

4. Do you like to put out your  pictures on social media ? 

5. Have you ever put up a tent before? 

6. Do you usually put off your homework until the last minute? 








No comments:

Post a Comment