Private English Class with Giamo

Saturday, July 11, 2020

ESL Conversation Questions: Motivation


1. What is motivation?
 
2. What are some universal motivating factors everyone shares? 

3. How do people maintain motivation in life? 

4. Are motivational speeches effective? Why or Why not? 

5. How are you best motivated? 

6. How can failure affect someone's motivation? 



Motivational Speaking Exercise 

Instructions: Read the negative experience. After reading, create the same experience but only focus on the positive. 

Example: I cried last night, because I only got a B in my anatomy class. 
Answer: I was fortunate enough to pass my anatomy class. 

1. I lied to my parents and moved to Panama to live with my girlfriend. But after three months I broke up with my girlfriend and moved to Atlanta. 

2. Recently I got into an argument with my sister. I haven't spoken with her in weeks. I have had a lot of time by myself to reflect. 

3. I started working out last week. My body feels really tired and sore. I forgot how hard working out can be. 

4. I posted a new video on Youtube the other day. In the video I made fun of my friend. We don't talk as much anymore ever since she got a new boyfriend. 

No comments:

Post a Comment