Private English Class with Giamo

Wednesday, March 22, 2023

Should You Take Your Vacation in Santo Domingo or Sosua?



We all know that Dominican Republic is a great choice for a vacation destination. But if you only have a weekend or a week to be there where should you go? 

I get this question a lot from guys who are strongly considering visiting the country.  And it's not an easy answer, because it really just depends on what you want to accomplish during your trip. 

Obviously guys who know me from social media know about my adventures in Sosua and ask me about that city, but also with Santo Domingo being the capital and the biggest city in the country I also get asked if it's better to visit Santo Domingo or Sosua for vacation. 



I could talk about Sosua vs Santo Domingo for days, but I am just going to break down the basic of what you need to know.  

Santo Domingo is the biggest city in the Dominican Republic so if you want to catch a sporting event you can do that in Santo Domingo, if you want to see something theatrical you can do that in Santo Domingo, if you want to explore many museums you can do that in Santo Domingo and so much more. 

The amount of options are really endless in the capital juxtaposed to that of Sosua. In the small town in the state of Puerto Plata there are some really beautiful beaches, nice restaurants and that's really about it. The amount of entertainment in Sosua is much smaller, so if you are a type of a person that likes to do a lot of different activities then Sosua may not be the best option. 



Now it would be ignorant of me not to mention that a big draw of Sosua are the chicas. If you are about that action then Sosua could be better than Santo Domingo. 

Not to say that there aren't beautiful women in Santo Domingo, but because it is bigger and a lot more traffic it can be much more difficult to link up compared with Sosua, where everything is in a walkable distance. 

Fortunately I have the opportunity to go to Dominican Republic for about a week and actually live out this question that I get so often. 

I will say I am not going just for pleasure, but to discuss investment opportunities in some apartments in Sosua. 

So I will be splitting my time for three days in Puerto Plata and 4 or 5 days  in Santo Domingo. 

Going from Puerto Plata to Santo Domingo is a cross country trip, but fortunately cross country in the Dominican Republic is only 4 hours in a bus unlike going from LA to New York.  





I am happy I am able to split my time between the two cities, because to be honest I know a lot of ladies in Puerto Plata that I want to see and also in Santo Domingo. 

Outside of the ladies, it will be fun to enjoy Playa Pueblito which is a lesser known beach in the province of Puerto Plata and also get to experience the riveting heartbeat of the nightlife in Santo Domingo. 

When I was 19 years old I went to a bar called Onno's. I believe it is still there so I am definitely going to check it out again. 

So in general you can have a great time in either Sosua or Santo Domingo, you just have to know what your priorities are for your vacation because the two spots are definitely very different. 

No comments:

Post a Comment