Private English Class with Giamo

Saturday, February 12, 2022

Life in the Dominican Republic: Las Terrenas to Santiago



There are many ways to travel from Las Terrenas to Santiago, but in this post I will be sharing the steps I took to make this journey. 

Step 1

Determine the time you need to leave from your accommodations on your travel day. For me I needed to catch a bus that was supposed to leave at 8:15. So I decided to contact a proper taxi the night before and I told him my address and the time I wanted to leave which was 7:50 am. 



In my opinion it's always better to tell your taxi that you want to leave a little bit earlier than needed. Fortunately in my case the chofer was only 3 minutes late, but it's better not to risk it. 



Step 2 

When I arrived at the bus station I paid my taxi driver 400 pesos. Then I turned around and asked the bus conductor how much it would cost for the bus ride. He said 400 pesos. It ended up being 500 pesos because I had luggage I had to put on the bus. 



The amount of time from Las Terrenas to Santiago was about three and a half hours. We stopped several times to pick up new passengers, fill the wheels with air and one bathroom stop when we were a little bit passed a city called Vega. 



Step 3 

The most difficult part of this journey for me was once I arrived in Santiago. I needed to find a taxi, but at the bus stop there wasn't just a line of taxis waiting. Fortunately after 5 minutes I waved a taxi down.

 A funny side bit is I think the taxi was supposed to be for someone else, but I didn't realize that until I was already in the car and the taxi guy didn't seem to care so we just kept it moving to my final destination. 

If you enjoy my content please feel free to support me to help create better and more interesting content: here.


1 comment:

  1. What are the steps and requirements to becoming a online english teacher?

    ReplyDelete