Private English Class with Giamo

Monday, August 17, 2020

ESL Basics Lesson 1: Greetings


Instructions: Take turns reading with your teacher. 

- Hi! My name is James. I am from the United States. 

- What is your name? _______________ 

- Where are you from? _______________

 

Instructions: Take turns reading with your teacher. 

Hi! My name is Yanilsa. I am from the Dominican Republic. I live in Santo Domingo. 

- Which city do you live in? ______________ 


Different Ways To Say Hello!  

- Hi! 

- Hey! 

- What's up? 


Different Ways to Say Goodbye! 

- Bye! 

- Farewell! 

- See you later! 


1. Read the conversation. Take turns reading each part with a partner. 

James: Hi! My name is James. What is your name? 

Yanilsa: My name is Yanilsa. 

James: That's a pretty name. Where are you from? 

Yanilsa: Thank you! I am from the  Dominican Republic. How about you? 

James: I am from the United States. 


Read the conversation and fill in the blanks. 

James: Hi! _________ is James. What is ______ name? 

Yanilsa: My name ____ Yanilsa. 

James: That's a pretty name. Where _____ you from? 

Yanilsa: Thank you! I ____ ______ the Dominican Republic. How ____ you? 

James: __ am from the United States. 


2. Read the conversation. Take turns reading each part with a partner

Yanilsa: Which city do you live in? 

James: I live in Miami. How about you? 

Yanilsa: I live in Santo Domingo.  

James: It was nice meeting you. 

Yanilsa: Ok. Bye! 


Read the conversation and fill in the blanks 

Yanilsa: _____ city do you _____ in? 

James: I live ____ ______. How ______ you? 

Yanilsa: ___ _____ in Santo Domingo. 

James: It was ___ ____ you. 

Yanilsa: Ok. ___ ! 


ESL Basic Conversation 

1. Which city does Yanilsa live in? 

2. Which city does your mother live in? 

3. What is your father's name? 

4. Where is James from? 

5. Does James live in Santo Domingo? 

6. Which city do you live in? 


Read and fill in the blanks. 

James: Hi! ___ _____ ___ James. _____ ___ ____ name? 

Yanilsa: ___ _____ ___ Yanilsa. 

James: That's a pretty name! _____ are ____ _____ ? 

Yanilsa: Thank you! ___ ___ ___ the Dominican Republic. ___ ___ you? 

James: __ ___ ____ the United Staes. Which ____ ___ ___ in ? 

Yanilsa: __ ___ ___ Santo Domingo. 

James: Oh cool! __ ___ in Miami. 

Yanilsa: That's nice. It ___ ____ _____ you. 

James: Ok. Bye! 




No comments:

Post a Comment