Private English Class with Giamo

Tuesday, August 11, 2020

Cambly Deactivated My Tutor Account



Before I go to sleep I usually check all of my emails. I remember seeing on my hotmail an email titled "Great News! New reservation during an upcoming PH". For the past five years of working with Cambly this email was common to see as I have had many reservations with regular and new students. However the email I received the next morning was something I had never seen before. 

On  August 8th, 2020, at 5:20 a.m., Cambly decided to send me an email that to be honest really hurt me in many ways. As you can see in the image below, they decided to deactivate my account. 



When I first saw the email I was just really surprised and I was hoping it was a mistake or even just a dream. But when I tried to logon my Cambly profile I could not because of course they had deactivated it. 

For me the most difficult part of being "deactivated" or really fired from the site is that they didn't give me any tangible reason as to what led to this decision. If I had done something wrong it would be nice to know what it was so at least I can learn and grow from my mistakes going forward. 

Another painful part of this process is not being able to see some of the students whom I had been working with regularly. I hate to think that they would go on Cambly, look for my name , not see it and think I just disappeared. 

When in reality that's not the case. I wish I could talk with them, laugh with them and teach a new idiom or introduce a new topic with each of my regulars one more time. 


But, unfortunately, that is not the reality. Well if anyone who is reading this  took a class with me I just want to say here that I appreciated our time together and thank you so much for choosing me as your teacher (: 

P.S. You can also reach out to me here if you want lol. 

No comments:

Post a Comment