Private English Class with Giamo

Friday, June 12, 2020

Giamo's Thoughts: Community



What is community ? 

There are several different ways to define community. However for me community can be put into two different categories: a group of people that live in the same area and a group of people who have similar interests. 

One of the communities that I belong to is the Youtube community! I love making videos and even though I do not work with anyone face to face, I do enjoy collaborating on videos with other Youtubers. 


What do you like about your community? 

I live in the Miami community and one thing I enjoy about this community is the diversity. Here you can meet people from Cuba, Russia, Colombia, Haiti and many other countries. 

Also I enjoy my college community. I am currently a student at Miami Dade College. There is a lot of camaraderie with my classmates that helps me continue to be a better student. 

What do you think should be changed in your community? 

Miami has a great community, but I wish I could change the traffic. Sometimes the highway can be at a standstill because there are not enough lanes on the road. 

I think the local government should do a better job at making transportation easier for everyone here. 


How can you help your community? 

Well there are many ways I can help my community. The first one that comes to mind is by being more available for my social media community. On apps such as Facebook, Whatsapp, Skype, I have English groups where I sometimes ask questions in order for people to practice there English. 

Also another great way to help the community is by volunteering. Many people in Miami volunteer by cleaning up the beach. 

Why is community important? 

Community is important because people need to socialize. I think life would be boring if you didn't have someone to talk to. 

Also community is important because we all need help at some point of our lives. 


Would you like to raise your future children in your community? 

To be honest, I do not think so. Miami is a great city with many options, but I feel like there are too many distractions and eccentric people here. 

I would prefer to raise my children overseas somewhere where it is quiet and they can grow up to be bilingual. 

No comments:

Post a Comment