Private English Class with Giamo

Wednesday, April 19, 2023

Why I Haven't Made Videos Outside Of The Dominican Republic?



A lot of people know me from my videos on Youtube about the Dominican Republic. I have made an extensive amount of top tier content about different cities in the DR such as Santo Domingo, Las Terrenas, Puerto Plata and especially Sosua. 

But a question I get often when I am doing a live video on Youtube or from my comments section is when I am going to do videos about another country. 




That makes sense because my channel is a travel channel, but I don't really travel outside of the Dominican Republic that much. (Even though I did make a video in Tijuana, Mexico not too long ago.) 




There are three main reasons why I haven't travelled outside of the DR to make content which are: still so much more to explore in the country, desire to invest in the DR, continue to create deeper relationships in the country. 



Dominican Republic Is So Much More Than Just Sosua  

A personal goal of mine is to show more than just Sosua or the popular places in the Dominican Republic. 

Even though the country is 202 times smaller than the United States as a whole and only 39.8% of the size of New York, there are enough beautiful places and intriguing cultural aspects of the DR that could last a lifetime of discovery. 

I'm not the type of videographer or Youtuber that hops from one country to the next making videos here there and everywhere. I really enjoy the DR as a place to live and also as a place to make content. 

Obviously the beautiful women of Sosua help draw views and subscribers to my channel, but I really want to show that there is beauty all over the country and not just in the northern province of Puerto Plata. 



Investing In The Dominican Republic  

If I could visit three countries in Latin America today it would probably be Colombia, Brazil and Costa Rica. Even though I have been to Costa Rica before, but there are some people there I want to see again. 

However one of the main reasons why I haven't gone to some of those places yet is because I have a goal to buy real estate in the Dominican Republic. 

Being able to own property in a country that is the most visited nation in the Caribbean and has an extremely high ceiling for growth in regards to business is a great opportunity. 



Relationships In The DR  

Outside of the beautiful beaches and different fun activities there are to do in the Dominican Republic, one of the main reasons I enjoy going back is because I have begun to build different type of relationships. 

With my style of content being able to work with a core group of people is everything and even more importantly, being able to trust those people to a certain extent is even more crucial. 

When people think of a travel channel, most will think of exploring many different countries. But also a part of travel is exploring the culture and the people in that culture. 

Fortunately I have been blessed to have enough time to get to know locals in the Dominican Republic in a way that I am able to share a part of their story and opinions on topics that other wise people may not see or hear. 





 




No comments:

Post a Comment