Private English Class with Giamo

Wednesday, November 18, 2020

ESL Vocabulary: Hip Hop

 


1. Flash that buttery gold, jittery zeitgeist / Wither by the water hole, Border patrol - Aesop Rock 

Zeitgeist - the spirit of the time 

2. I don't mean no harm it's the hood in me / Psychedelic colors in my jewelry / Suckers hella jealous cause you're diggin' me - E-40 

Psychedelic - producing distorted sensory perceptions and feelings 

3. My funk prognosis make my brains comatose / One hundred percent funk runs blood straight through your nose - Redman 

Prognosis - a prediction about how something will develop 

4. Yo ill insanity that's cold and morbid/ But when I'm in your orbit your soul absorb it - The Roots 

Morbid - suggesting the horror of death and decay 

5. Somebody ordered pancakes, I just sip the sizzurp / That right there could drive a sane man berserk - Kanye West 

Berserk - out of control with anger or excitement 

6. So outside my misery, I think I'll find / A way of envisioning a better life - XXXtentacion 

Envisioning - imagine as a future possibility; visualize 


 

No comments:

Post a Comment