Private English Class with Giamo

Sunday, June 21, 2020

Life in Costa Rica: Interview with Alexa



Which city is your favorite to visit in Costa Rica? 

 My favorite city to visit is  Puerto Viejo de Limon. I like this city because there are many animals and nature there. 

Also the beaches are incredible! I love walking on the beach and sometimes I like to drink the coconut water that people sell. 



What food is popular in Costa Rica? 

The three dishes that are the most popular are gallo pinto, el casado and olla de carne. 

Usually for lunch people will eat el casado or married man in English, because it is very filling. Inside of el casado is rice, black beans, plantains, salad and either beef, chicken, pork or fish. 

My favorite dish is the gallo pinto. Usually Costa Ricans will eat this for breakfast. It consists of brown rice, black beans and sometimes people will add a fried plantain on the side. 


How did the coronavirus affect your city? 

A lot of people were affected by this virus in one of the popular cities named Heredia. I live outside of the city center so not too many people were infected in my neighborhood. But most of the jobs are in Heredia, so a lot of people in my neighborhood were unemployed. 

Fortunately the government helped a little bit and gave some financial aid, but the biggest affect the coronavirus had in my city was economically. 



What do you like to do with your friends in your free time in Costa Rica? 

I like to go hiking or sometimes we go to the river and swim.  Also I am learning to play the guitar, so I enjoy playing new songs to my friends. 


Is it easy to find a girlfriend in Costa Rica? 

Yes I think so. As a lesbian in Costa Rica it is easy because there aren't any homophobic people here. All you have to do is express yourself and find someone who is similar to you! 




No comments:

Post a Comment