Private English Class with Giamo

Friday, June 26, 2020

Giamo's Thoughts: Ambition





What is ambition? 

When I think of ambition I imagine someone who has a goal and will work hard to accomplish his goal.

 For example, Michael Jordan, who was a professional basketball player had the ambition to be the greatest basketball player ever, which many people think that he is the best. 

In short, ambition is a strong desire to do or to achieve something which usually requires  a lot of determination and hard work. 

Is completing your career goals important to you? 

I would say yes, even though I'm unsure of what career I want be in! However, my main ambition right now is to make money traveling the world and make educating and entertaining videos for a worldwide audience. 

Also I want to improve my skills as an online English teacher and curriculum developer. 


What is love? 

Love is such a complicated word that has various meanings for different people. But for me love is an intense feeling of deep affection. 

Obviously people love their family and spouses, but people can love many different things. For example one sport that I love to play is volleyball! I play almost every week and I don't know  what I'd do if I couldn't play! 


Why is love important? 

I think love is important because it's like the glue that connects people together. For example, sometimes family members may have fights and arguments, but usually they are able to forgive each other because of love. 

Also love can help people work. Sometimes I feel tired and maybe upset, but teaching is something that I genuinely love and I'm always excited to talk with students from different countries all over the world !

Would you be willing to sacrifice your life ambitions for your love? 

If I had to choose between my ambitions or a romantic love in my life, I think I would choose to sacrifice my love. 

Finding a romantic partner is special, but I feel like my life would be incomplete if I did not pursue my desire to travel the world and make videos. 

Do you think having real love or having a long list of accomplishments makes people happier? 

In an ideal world people would be able to balance these two things. But in general I think the accomplishments and milestones achieved in a person's life give people a higher feeling of satisfaction. 


No comments:

Post a Comment