Private English Class with Giamo

Tuesday, February 18, 2020

ESL Grammar: Future Perfect


Forming Future Perfect

Affirmative 

Subject + will have + past participle

Example: I will have eaten by 3 pm.

Negative

Subject + will + not + have + past participle

Example: I will not have completed the assignment by tomorrow.

Question 

Will + subject + have + past participle

Example: Will they have gotten the cake before Nick comes home.

Uses of Future Perfect 

1. The future perfect tense is used to describe a completed action before a date or another action in the future. By the summer, I will have married a beautiful Brazilian woman. She will have left by the time Larry comes home. 

Note: Only use the future perfect for actions that will be complete before a specified point in the future.


Future Perfect Exercises

Instructions: Fill in the blank with the verb given in the future perfect exercises

1. By the winter, they _____ ______ ______ (to finish) their movie project.
2. He _____ _____ _____ (to eat) by 2 pm.
3. Before Sarah arrives at school, I _____ ______ _____ (to get) some breakfast for her.
4. We ____ _____ ____ (to leave) by the time Harry comes home.
5. My cousin  _____ _____ _____ ( to travel) to Sao Paulo before I graduate.

Instruction: Make the sentence negative

1. By next year, I will have dated Lana.
2. She will have broken up with Victor, by next week.
3. Before I graduate, I will have told her my feelings.

Instructions: Ask your teacher a question using the future perfect tense.

1. to leave
2. to eat
3. to complete

Future Perfect Conversation Questions

1. How many new movies will you have seen by next year?

2. Will you have learned a new English word by next week?

3. Which country will you have traveled to by next year?

4. Will you have spoken with another tutor by next week?

5. If you continue to use Cambly until next year how many years will you have studied on Cambly?






No comments:

Post a Comment